Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Long time, no blog

So recently some of my 'blog-tastic' friends have commented on my pathetic blogging skills. I have no argument. It's not like I haven't done anything in the last 5 or so months that I haven't blogged, I have, I've just been lazy. So here it is the last few months in review. (Pictures to come!)

February:
  • The Saints beat the Colts! I watched from a restaurant in Belmopan and splurged on a $10 plate of fried shrimp to honor the occasion.
  • I attempted to Kayak for Haiti, a fundraising effort kayaking from Punta Gorda to Guatemala. I had never kayaked before and made it almost halfway thanks to my co-kayaker.
  • My Ipod and my external hard drive all died in the same week. I cried a little.
  • Lots of trainings for Peace Corps.
  • I attended my first Mayan wedding and bartended it, too.
  • Some PC friends I never get to see came to visit me!
  • Youth groups, youth groups, youth groups.

March
  • La Ruta Maya- a canoe race starting from the west coast of the country and finishing on the east coast over three days. We did HIV outreach at the event. I met a lot of great people and we did good work.
  • Dara and Lance came to visit me! I love visitors. We spent a day at Caye Caulker. Dara ran over me with a golf cart. Then we went to Caracol to see the ruins and the falls. A guard gave Dara an M-16 to pose with, seerus.
  • I started my SCUBA training. I am petrified of drowning and I am claustrophobic, but Emerson said if you're not facing your fears everyday, you aren't living.
  • My friend Kristen moved in with me.

April
  • My friend, Lilly, invited me to meet her mom on San Pedro. This is the island Madonna sang about and it is La isla bonita!
  • Next stop Mexico! I went to Chiapas with some friends. We went to San Cristobal de la Casas and Palanque. We saw a bullfight, parades and political effigies set on fire with fire works. Viva La Mexico! At the end of the trip I crossed three countries in one day by myself. Take that Emerson.
  • Youth groups, youth groups, youth groups.
  • Erica's cat died. I tried CPR on it. R.I.P. Piglet.
  • Trainees came to visit and stay with us for the weekend. I got Cassidy. That's one B.A. chick!
  • Earth Day. We did presentations at all the schools!
  • Community clean-up. Four satellite sites, 23 kids showed up. Boo!
  • Finished SCUBA- ish. Stress and a developing ulcer sidelined me on the last dive, but I had enough time in to qualify for scuba cert instead of open water. Only difference is I have to dive with a dive pro, as if I wouldn't anyways.
As for May, this month has been exceptionally trying, but I will get through it and maybe, just maybe I'll share it with the blogosphere.
Until then, try to be patient. They say it's a virtue.

2 comments:

  1. FYI, there are random other people out there that enjoy your blogs too. I am a nominee for the PC and am addicted to reading these blogs instead of working. They give my mind somewhere to travel to during the day instead of doing work in my 5'x5' cubicle day in and day out. So keep them coming! I went to Belize on vacation last August, so it holds a special place in my heart. There is a great song by Jerry Jeff Walker about Caye Caulker. . .in fact, he made a whole CD about Belize and the islands. If you can download music, check out "Cowboy boots and bathing suits" by Jerry Jeff Walker, it is an amazing song that sums up life on Caye Caulker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look now that wasn't so hard... Now set a goal...once every two weeks I want to read your quick humor and make my life better.
    Promise?
    Love kevina

    ReplyDelete